Saturday, September 12, 2009

Tell milk's favorite cookie to leave me alone.. and other side rants

I've never been much of a cookie eater, except when they're in the house. My mom never ever ever EVER buys cookies, and for some reason decided to go on a binge 'Oreo' diet, buying three packs of them. What's the catch? She doesn't eat them. Apparently she's okay with me having no self control and loving those damn cookies! Let's face it, they're good with way way to many things, milk, Nutella, peanut butter, solo, fruit, icecream. AYE! Not only are they tasty, they're easy to eat. I come home from school, ready to get my snack on, what do I do? Take time to cut up an apple, orange, pear, or some melon? Yeah right. I go right to the Oreo container, peel back some plastic, and snack on a couple treats. So bad. I love my fruits and veggies, but when something comes along that is less tedious (yes, I am extremely lazy) you bet I'm going to have it. Especially when it is a 'golden oreo'.

Not


but...

They're delicious.

Not only am I a glutton, I'm a carless, broke glutton. I bought my Subaru Outback last spring, since April, it's cost me about $200 dollars, and now apparently has a 'cracked block', which everyone is telling me means I need to replace the motor. Cool, so not only does it not work any longer, I might as well have bought myself a car that was twice as much as mine. FTW. Now I don't know what to do, three options seem to be available.

1: Fix my car and keep it.
2: Fix my car and sell it.
3: See if I can sell it as the piece it is, and get money to put towards another car.
OORRR be a sensible person and ride my bikes for forever, which doesn't sound too bad at this point.

I had a great bike ride today, I rode from the Y in Ketchum back down to Hailey. I cranked the tunes and hauled. It was really nice. Biking helps me appreciate where I live, I can take my time and look around at all the wonders around me. It's beautiful here. I'm pretty lucky to live in a place that uses its land to the fullest. Everyone should get out and take advantage of what's offered to them in their backyard, whether it's hiking, biking, walking, painting, taking pictures, or just reading outside. Throw yourself into and enjoy it, wherever it may be.

Great shot of Northern Idaho. ^
-_-

No comments:

Post a Comment