Monday, September 28, 2009

Lucky Me

This past weekend I realized that despite what I think half of the time, I'm a pretty lucky lady. I was talking with my neighbor, who is a pretty successful artist and studio owner. She pretty much told me her entire life story and I was shocked and instantly grateful for what has been handed to me. She told me about her terrible experiences with boys and men beginning at a very young age, her crazy family, life in Las Vegas, and a few of her terrible marriages. She also shared a few 'life lessons' and philosophies on how to go about life, one being to take it [life] by the balls. It sure sounds like they have gotten her extremely far. She raised her two sons as a single mom, dyeing, weaving, and selling rugs around the world. She taught herself how to paint and now owns her own studio and store. She really is quite an inspiration. I left her house feeling pretty fortunate, that's for sure.

She helped me realize that the young people today [me included, for sure] are really lazy. We don't want to make time to do projects for others, we now have 'more important' things to do. We say no too often, and don't 'take life by the balls', letting too many opportunities pass by us. Also, I can't just hope and want to be something great. I need to tell myself this everyday so my self conscience has something to go on. My neighbor told me that she never said 'Oh, I'd love to be successful with my art someday..' She always told herself, she would be successful with her art, and she is. So here I go, day one of this theory. Someday, I will be a photographer for National Geographic, even if it's one picture, I will be featured in that magazine.

Check in around 15- 20 years from now and see if I made it happen :D

-_-

No comments:

Post a Comment