Friday, August 28, 2009

Tomorrow is my last day at the pool for the season, I honestly cannot wait until 4:30pm. All of my work stress will be gone, room for the school stress. Nah, I'm really excited for school to begin. Though it's my fault I haven't used my resources, I feel as if my once agile brain has been replaced with a big dull blob of mush. Learning new things in classes I'll enjoy will feel great! I know that in two weeks I'll probably have a blog complaining about school, but I really do want to try and get the most of it this year. Rather than slime my way through the assignments, I want to challenge myself to be better and smarter, and retain some of the information handed to me. Blah, whatever.

The last days of summer seem to be flying by. I sat out last night and watched a cat spider create a huge web. It's insane to me that a spider can make such an intricate home all based on instinct. It's also funny that I would sit and watch this meaty spider, as I am terrified of them. I guess I can take them outside, on my own terms. When I watch this little guy work so hard to build a trap/haven and then hunt, all to tear it down in the end it brings up a lot of thoughts. It's pretty humbling afterwards. Here's a shot I got of the little guy.



Short and sweet, but at least I got it out there. It's time to toss the frisbee around with some buddies. Farewell summer, hello school.

-_-

No comments:

Post a Comment